Are you getting tired of working for less than stellar employers? Would you really like to lay down some career “roots” with a reputable firm? Do you want to be treated fairly and have great advancement opportunities – including support in getting your Red Seal Certification? Here’s your chance!
Our client is known for creating and maintaining beautiful landscapes throughout the North Shore and beyond.
Since 2006, their success and rapid expansion has been all about providing each of their customers with exceptional customer service and detailed quality work individualized just for their needs.
Their team success has been built on these key principals: Quality, Accountability, Reliability, Dependability, Hard Working, Take Ownership
With Spring arriving at last! We are seeking out stellar professionals that are looking to work for the best in this industry.
We are looking for experienced Full time Technician/Lead Hands (permanent) to join this exceptional team of professionals.
What you would be doing:
– Responsible for all aspects of gardening/lawn maintenance.
– Following requests/orders from Crew Leader and or Maintenance Manager while performing tasks.
– Loading and unloading Company vehicle(s) with all tools and equipment needed for day to day activities.
– Assisting with getting equipment ready in the morning at the shop, including pre-mixing fuel at the start of each day.
– Working outdoors throughout all seasons, mainly unsupervised, as the leader of a designated Crew
– Safe operation of Company vehicles if required by Crew Leader and or Maintenance Manager.
– Inspiring a winning “working family” culture within the designated Crew
– Maintaining safe practices and proper techniques when using power equipment tools, both supervised and unsupervised.
– Maintaining a high degree of quality on all Maintenance client sites and reporting any issues of quality to Crew Leader and or Maintenance Manager.
What we need from you:
– Basic understanding of plants; differentiating Perennial, Evergreen, Annual, Deciduous, Conifer, and Bulbs, with the ability to identify at least half of the 25 most Common BC Plants (by their common name)
– Knowledge in plant ID and lawn/plant care (horticulture education is a strong asset but not required)
– Minimum 1+ years working in the field, with 1+ year running a Crew
– Experienced in the safe operation and use of maintenance power tools
– A strong willingness to learn new techniques
– Ability to follow safe working procedures
– Valid BC driver’s license (ability to operate a trailer is a strong asset, but not a requirement)
– Strong team player, with a “winning” attitude
– Taking pride and showing initiative with work that is being done as well as expressing interest in learning new skills to improve self-growth and making the team stronger.
What’s in it for you:
– Competitive benefits package after completion of probation
– Support in Horticulture Red Seal Certification
– Highly competitive hourly rate, with a great opportunity to grow with the Company
If you feel you can be a meaning contributor to a company that values their people as much as their clients, we should talk immediately! Please send your resume and contact information in complete confidence to Elaine@retailcareers.com to get started.
As we are polite people here at Campbell, Edgar, all resumes will be acknowledged!