Director of Operations – Better Business Bureau, Mainland BC !
The Better Business Bureau, Mainland BC is one of over 100 Bureaus networked across North America. This iconic non-profit organization exists to promote, develop, and encourage an ethical marketplace. The BBB helps consumers find and recommend businesses they can trust, as well as supports Accredited Businesses with amazing tools and programs.
Our BBB Mainland BC & Yukon is the largest in Canada and is a star in consumer support services including complaints, customer reviews, advertising reviews and education and we are a Leader in advancing marketplace trust.
The Director of Operations is responsible for managing the overall operations of the BBB, including delivering impactful and client-focused services to the public, ensuring the organization meets BBB compliance standards including quality assurance of Accredited Businesses. This position also oversees internal operations including human resources, technology, and data quality.
We are looking for a “Roll up your sleeves and get it done” kind of Operations Director to join our BBB MBC! Reporting directly to the President, this 2IC role needs someone who has a strong operations background, and a considerable understanding of HR and related employee legislation, You should be analytical, pay close attention to compliance and policy adherence and have an aptitude for strategic planning.
We are looking for a growth focused, entrepreneurially minded person who will help lead the Bureau with vision and enthusiasm as we maintain our reputation of being the most trusted consumer source and valued partner for accredited businesses in the ever-changing landscape of the marketplace.
Key needs for this role:
- Are you described as an inspirational business leader known for your ethical business practices and personal initiative?
- Do you have 5 plus years of management experience leading a diverse group of managers, staff, and volunteers?
- Are you considered a mentor & effective trainer of staff?
- Do you have solid public speaking and media training/or experience?
- Do you have budget creation and financial management accountability?
- Do you have proven research and professional writing skills?
- Do you have experience working with/in a Non-profit organization and with a Board?
This is truly a unique position that rarely comes available. You will play a significant role in a well known, highly respected and visible organization.
Key areas of authority and decision making in this role include:
- Determine strategies and practices to increase BBB efficiencies and financial stability
- Determine HR policies and programs as required
- Recruit and hire Accredited Services (support), Public Service (support), and Volunteer personnel
- Monitor, manage and allocate assigned budgets
- Act in the absence of the President
- Oversee the following areas:
- Expenditures over amounts indicated in assigned budgets
- Launch of new programs or HR Policies
- Recruitment of Managers or Directors
- All terminations
- New Vendor contracts
What’s in it for you?
- Work with and mentor an amazing team of professionals in a highly regarded growing organization
- Significant career growth opportunities
- A cost shared comprehensive benefits program (Extended health & dental plan), Employee Assistance program.
- RRSP matching up to 1.5% of annual salary
- A competitive salary range based on experience for this role ( $58.8K-$71.8K)
- Three weeks vacation to start
- This is a relatively flexible working environment
If this seems like an awesome fit for you (or someone you know)…
Please get in touch with me asap, by sending your resume and cover letter to . All applications will be held in strictest confidence.
Closing date is October 20, 2020