Campbell, Edgar Inc. Code of Ethics & Standards
In 1993 we first committed to uphold this Code of Ethics & Standards. We adhere to the principles set forth below because we believe it is the right thing to do, and because we know that compliance with these principles is in the best interests of our candidates, employees, client organizations, and the reputation of the search, employment and staffing services profession in Canada.
- We will observe the highest principles of integrity, professionalism and fair practice in dealing with clients, candidates, employees and all regulatory authorities; and will respect the confidentiality of records in accordance with law and good business practices.
- We will provide leadership in the adherence to both the spirit and letter of all applicable human rights, employment laws and regulations. We will treat all candidates and employees without prejudice and will not accept an order from any client that is discriminatory in any way.
- We will take all reasonable steps to provide clients with accurate information on each candidate’s employment qualifications and experience; and will only present those candidates who have given us authorization to represent their application for employment.
- We will supply candidates and employees with complete and accurate information as provided by the client, regarding terms of employment, job descriptions and workplace conditions.
- We will not recruit, encourage or entice a candidate whom we have previously placed to leave the employ of our client, nor will we encourage or coerce an individual to leave any temporary assignment before the stated completion date.
- We will not restrict the right of a candidate or employee to accept employment of their choice.
- We will derive income only from clients and make no direct or indirect charges to candidates or employees unless specified by a license.
- We will maintain the highest standards of integrity in all forms of advertising, communications and solicitations; and will conduct our business in a manner designed to enhance the operation, image and reputation of the employment, recruitment and staffing services industry.
- We will recognize and respect the rights and privileges of competitors in the true fashion of individual initiative and free enterprise, and will refrain from engaging in acts of unfair competition.
We will ensure that our clients, candidates and employees are aware of our duty to abide by this Code of Ethics & Standards and such supporting policies and guidelines as may from time to time be adopted by the Company.