I am currently accepting applications for my client, the beautiful Birkenhead Lake Estates, for a Seasonal Caretaker (or couple) to live in and manage the 97 acre wilderness property for the 2021 season. THIS IS A VERY SPECIAL PLACE! Off the beaten trail – about 30 minutes outside of Pemberton BC, the season generally runs June to end of October (weather dependent)
The daily workload consists of monitoring and managing all the maintenance and security of the property including:
- Maintenance Person repairs, both mechanical and carpentry jobs, overseeing approved outside professionals as required
- Operation of the water system
- Garbage collection and disposal
- Grooming of property roads, mowing of grass
- Maintaining the boat launch and dock
- Security tours for suspicious activity or trespassers and enforcing property bylaws as needed
- Maintaining complete daily work reports and record keeping, with complete communication to the Board of Directors of the property.
This position does require a 24/7 onsite presence, working 8 hours a day, 5 days per week, with after-hours security duty daily as required. 2 days off each week, mid-week. (Don’t worry -you’ll have lots of time for fishing and hiking and otherwise appreciating the spectacular lake and countryside!!)
Caretaker accommodation provided is a 1 bedroom cabin with solar/generator and septic and the use of a utility vehicle for use around the property is provided.
Salary is $3000 monthly plus a gas allowance.
As you will also be responsible for ensuring that all property regulations including the security bylaws are being followed by the shareholders and their guests, strong diplomatic and great people skills are also necessary in this position.
PREFERENCE would be given to a candidate ( or couple) who also has experience with:
- Volunteer Fire departments
- Electricity, batteries solar systems, pumps, plumbing
- Basic mechanical and carpentry knowledge
- Operating a backhoe
- Past caretaking experience
HOWEVER – If you are a well-rounded, reliable, and mature individual, bondable, with a valid Drivers license and have no problem working on your own and enjoy doing physical work – this may be YOUR dream job!
If it sounds like it is – kindly forward your resume, references and a cover letter outlining your skills ASAP to .
All applicant information will be held in strict confidence, and all applicants will be acknowledged. Interviews will be conducted by telephone and on line.